If your agency is brand new to HMIS or is returning to HMIS after a period of absence, your agency administrators need to complete paperwork to get your agency setup to enter data into Minnesota’s HMIS.
Yes, my agency wants to join HMIS. How do I get started?
To get started, email the Helpdesk with the following information:
- Agency name (legal name and common name)
- Agency address
- Two agency contacts (email and phone).
- When your agency would like to start using HMIS
- What funding sources are requiring your agency to use HMIS (if any)
- Briefly describe your agency’s purpose/work and how it will use the HMIS database
**Please note that the process of getting a new agency set up in HMIS may take a few weeks to be fully completed once all agency paperwork has been received. Users from new agencies are not able to begin New User Training until this setup process is complete.
All data entry and reporting staff must complete New User Training and have an active ServicePoint License. We offer online New User Training; we do not currently offer any in-person New User Training.
Is this training for me?
New User Training is required for individuals who will be using ServicePoint for data entry or reporting for their agency. New User Training is not required for the following groups:
- Local System Administrators (LSA), CoC Coordinators, or Funder Reporting Leads
- New member of the Hennepin Shelter Team (HST)
- Anyone who has used Minnesota’s HMIS in the last 365 days as a licensed user
My agency is not currently using HMIS, what should I do?
If your agency is brand new to Minnesota’s HMIS or is returning to HMIS after a period of absence, your agency administrators need to complete paperwork to get your agency setup in ServicePoint to enter data. Email the HMIS Helpdesk. This paperwork can take some time to complete and must be completed prior to your registration to New User Online Training.