Minnesota’s HMIS is currently being transformed into a new and more powerful project: version 2.0! The end goal of the transformation is to dramatically enhance the functionality and responsiveness of the system so that Minnesota’s HMIS is in a better position to meet new demands, like coordinated assessment and the need for more and better reporting to a variety of stakeholders. All of these changes will contribute to the state’s reinvigorated efforts to end homelessness.
HMIS 2.0 planning efforts began with an assessment of Minnesota’s HMIS conducted by a Technical Assistance team assigned by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Since that report was issued a visioning session has been held, a variety of surveys and stakeholder meetings have been conducted, and an Interim Planning Team has emerged to take the lead. This page serves as a clearinghouse for information related to HMIS 2.0 planning efforts.
These documents provide stakeholders across Minnesota with an update regarding actions taking place to transform the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and to seek feedback and suggestions to guide efforts moving forward. These updates will be sent out on a monthly basis (and as important issues/decisions arise).
- Data Sharing Script (Jan 2015)
- Governance Roles and Responsibilities (Jan 2015)
- Task Force By-Laws(Jan 2015)
- Task Force Charter (Jan 2015)
- System Admin Policies (Dec 2014)
- Local HMIS Data Use and Administration Agreement (Nov 2014)
- Provider Naming Conventions (Aug 2014)
- Local System Admin Overview by the Data Structure and Sharing Workgroup (Aug 2014)
- Prioritizing HMIS Requirements Survey Summary (Apr 2014)
- HMIS Lead Agency Organization Summaries (Mar 2014)
- HMIS IPT Communication Decision Survey Results (Mar 2014)
- Visioning Session Notes (Feb 2014)
- Minnesota Statewide HMIS TA Assessment, PowerPoint by Assessment Team (Feb 2014)
- Minnesota Statewide HMIS TA Assessment, video of presentation and stakeholder Q&A (Feb 2014)
- Minnesota Statewide HMIS TA Assessment Response Memo (Jan 2014)
- HMIS Data Sharing Summary (Nov 2013)
- Minnesota Statewide HMIS TA Assessment (Nov 2013)
Agency and User Communications
Data Sharing Pilot: Pre-evaluation Webinar (Jan 12, 2015)
Coordinated Assessment State Memo (July 18, 2014)
Statewide Review of the New Agency Agreements (HMIS 2.0)
September 4, 2015 Presentation Handout Part 1: Agency...
Interim Planning Team Minutes
Note that while Wilder Research is a participant in these efforts, we are not leading them. For further information on the efforts please contact the following individuals:
HMIS Data Structure and Sharing Workgroup:
Mike Manhard- Executive Director of Metro-wide Engagement on Shelter and Housing – email@example.com, 612-750-1474