In January, the HMIS Governing Board voted to approve new HMIS policies. On April 18th, ICA published the new policy document during a webinar training. The webinar highlighted the key changes to HMIS policies, with a focus on the rationale behind each change and next steps involved.
These policies are now in effect, so we highly encourage you to check out the materials below!
What are the next steps you need to take?
- Review the materials above. (Tip: the webinar slides/recording can point you to key changes to review in the policy document.)
- Respond to an upcoming ask from ICA related to the new role of Designated Agency HMIS Contact.
- Complete the upcoming recertification training on the Release of Information (date and link TBA in the newsletter). This will be a requirement for all users who participate in statewide data sharing – almost everyone!
- After the ROI re-certification training deadline (TBA), begin uploading signed ROI documents for new, shared client records created (TBA). To be clear, this will not apply retroactively and we will provide more guidance closer to the deadline, but for those who’d like to get started early, here are some basic instructions.
- Find the Grievance Form on the Administrative Documents page of the website so you can make it available to clients upon request.
Contact the helpdesk with any questions!